Wednesday 11 June 2014

sprdTrade mobile app is shutting down

To all my loyal readers and app users,

I am very sorry to tell you this, but sprdTrade is shutting down; for the moment at least.

I received an email from the FTSE telling me that I was not allowed to publish FTSE data without a license (even though I get it from another source free of charge). You need a license if you publish any FTSE data, regardless of where you get it from, and licenses start at $25k. As I want to keep this app free, buying a license is not an option.

So, it’s very unfortunate, but not totally unexpected – Codefunc, the guys who did the development of the app warned me about this; but I decided to risk it anyway, as I think all my loyal blog readers deserve to be able to play around with my strategies using the same software I do. I will certainly look into another solution, but for the time being and before I get slapped with a huge fine, I have to remove sprdTrade from the app stores.

Huge thanks to everyone who downloaded and used the app! Huge apologies for this, but I will keep you posted about further solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment