Tuesday 26 February 2013

I've decided to start a new experiment - £45k to £90k

So, after some serious consideration I have decided to start a new experiment where I take half of my profits earned in the last experiment, add it those to my initial stake and invest that back into the market. So I will have £45k this time.

I am going to attempt to double it, again in 12 months. 

I know what you will be thinking; I doubled my money in less than three months last time so surely I can double my money quickly again? But I am not so sure. I think I was extremely lucky last time and timed the markets almost perfectly. I am enough of a realist to realise that this probably will not happen again.

I also wonder about the big crash that quite a few commentators seem to be predicting. Generally when everyone starts piling their money into the market, that is a sure sign that the bears are approaching, and a sign to take your money out. The US say they are stopping QE sometime soon (so they say anyway), our own central banker; Mervyn King, was outvoted in his request for expanding the UK's QE, so it seems likely that the bears are going to take hold soon and markets will plunge. Or will they?

Either way, I feel that if I am going to do this full time as some stage and quit my job then I need to be in the market through thick and thin. 

The question is now just when to re-enter. I have chosen 18 bets that I want to place and now need to decide if today's the day to do it.

Will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment