Tuesday 10 November 2015

Stop loss musings

I opened 4 new bets today; Supergroup, Bellway, Whitbread and Ryanair.

I have had bets on both Supergroup and Ryanair this round (Ryanair twice actually). I did some stats and worked out that if I had held onto my initial Ryanair bet, I would have been £9,588 better off! And my second bet; just short of £5k better off. 

A similar story with Supergroup, I would have been better off by £6, 376.

So this got me thinking, I have proven that my stock picking criteria and strategy works (with the right market conditions) but it could work in volatile times too potentially if I adjust my stop losses on certain stocks.

With this in mind, I have placed stop losses on both Supergroup and Ryaniar at 15% below open price. 

Let's see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment